Quick, Delicious Meals for the Busy Bee!
We all get stuck in that fast lane all while sacrificing our diets to make up time! Here are a few options that you can gear up and cook within 15 minutes.COUSCOUS CHICKPEA AND VEGGIE SALAD
Couscous is easy and can be packed with complex flavor when combined with other ingredients.
- Half cup (1/2) of chickpeas, rinsed
- One quarter (1/4 cup) of couscous
- 6 tbsp of water
- Half cup (1/2) chopped cucumber
- One quarter (1/4 cup) chopped onion
- One quarter (1/4 cup) chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon wedge
- salt and pepper
- olives (your choice)
- Start with boiling the couscous in water or the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and let sit for 10 minutes
- Next, combine the couscous, with other ingredients: chickpeas, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and lemon wedge in a bowl.
- Now, add some salt and pepper for taste and the salad is ready
- Lastly, you can store it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Before eating you can warm it a bit in the microwave or eat cold. Squeeze a lemon over the salad with your favorite dressing.
SPICY CHICKPEA AVOCADO WRAP
Looking for a super quick and easy vegan meal? These spicy chickpea wraps with avocado and spinach take just minutes to make but are just delicious!
- Half cup (1/2) of chickpeas
- Half Avocado
- 2–3 tbsp Sriracha sauce (start with 2 tbsp, add more as needed or to taste)
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (start with 1 tbsp, add more as needed or to taste)
- chopped onion, cucumber, and red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole wheat wrap or more
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork or potato masher. It should be chunky but starting to hold together.
- Combine the chickpea mixture in a mixing bowl with everything except the spinach and avocado. Mix well. The mixture should resemble egg or tuna salad. Adjust the amount of sriracha, mayo and lemon to taste or desired consistency.
- To assemble the wraps, place a scoop of the chickpea mixture into each wrap then top with spinach and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Roll them up and enjoy!